- 3/26 - Thursday: UPDATE: NO LATE START - PM practice will start at 7:30, as usual.
- 3/28 - Saturday: UPDATE: CANCELLATION - PM practice has been cancelled.
- 4/14 - Tuesday: LATE START - PM changed to 8:00 PM. Women will not have access to the locker room at the start of practice (Wear your suit to workout.).
March 15th Invite - Results!
It was another major success thanks to the Catfish swimmers and volunteers. Congratulations to everyone who got in the water and made it a great day of fun and fast swims. And way to go Smelts!
Here are the top ten team scores:
- Chicago Smelts - 3,226
- Elgin Blue Waves - 2,437
- Galter Swedish Fish - 2,208
- Buehler Blue Marlins - 458
- Deerfield - 363
- Libertyville - 307
- Mt. Greenwood - 284
- West Suburban Multisport - 282
- Ohio Splash - 279
- Lincoln-Way - 191
- Thirsty Thursday, 3/19 - It's a Prairie Moon outing after practice.
- Post-Meet Outing, 3/15 - A couple of glasses of water, a beer, some food, and plenty of laughs after a long meet.
- March Invite, 3/15 - The Catfish had some great swims while hosting a great meet.
- Thirsty Thursday, 3/5 - I wasn't there, so it was probably a dud.
- Anniversary Party - A great crowd of new and veteran members made for an awesome evening at Sarah's place. And Boyd lead the champagne toast!
- Thirsty Thursday, 2/19 - The cold did not deter a solid crowd of Catfish from hanging out, even with the return of the DJ!
- Thirsty Thursday, 1/29 - Oh yeah! It was a great crowd at the Moon -- this time without the DJ . . .
- Thirsty Thursday, 1/8 - Yes, we did Bat 17.
- 100 x 100s, 12/27 - A lot of Catfish did a lot of hundreds.
- Thirsty Tuesday, 12/23 - Announced last-minute, we dug into absurd nachos at Prairie Moon.
- Holiday Party - A great evening of getting festive. Thanks Boyd!
- December Invite - We swam a great meet and we hosted a great meet!
- Thirsty Thursday, 12/4 - Turnout was excellent at World of Beer, and the rare $8 pretzel was sighted in the wild.
- Pizza and garlic fries at Candlelite after the Red vs. Black meet - Great time!
- Thirsty Thursday after practice at Prairie Moon on 11/13
- New Members/Halloween Party - a major success! Dave always does it scary + fun!
Evanston Masters 2014-15 Winter Season
Winter 2014-15 is now underway. We're working on improving our strokes and building our way to some fast swims this season.
Thinking about joining? Evanston Masters (aka, The Wild Catfish) is a masters swim team that strives to provide quality workouts and plenty of social fun.
Looking to get in shape or stay in shape? We have nine graduated lanes, starting with novice lap swimmers and ending with former college swimmers. Our age range is roughly 19 to 80. Our practices typical have one coach covering three lanes, with each coach running the practice and providing advice on technique.
Looking to meet some fellow swimmers and hang out? In addition to the camaraderie with the folks in your lane, you’ll probably enjoy the Catfish team parties and post-practice social outings that are scheduled throughout the season.
The first time is always a bit scary, of course. Just show up, meet the coaches and swimmers, and try a couple of free practices. You'll love it!
The Winter 2014-15 Schedule:
Tuesday: 7:30-9:00 PM
- Thursday: 7:30-9:00 PM
- Saturday: 6:30-8:00 AM and 3:30-5:00 PM
- Sunday: 6:30-8:00 AM and 3:30-5:00 PM
The pool is in the building on the SW corner of Dodge and Church. Street parking is free.
The December 2013 and January 2014 Invites
The Wild Catfish would like to thank the swimmers and the volunteers who helped us make two Sunday mornings of great swimming happen. We are already looking forward to next year!
December 8th, 2013 Results: PDF
TOP TEN PICK
Our practice pool (fall, winter, spring) was featured on the website Swim Swam as one of the top ten must-visit sites for a swim meet in the United States.